We offer the ability to prevent access to ClickPOS unless logging in via a pre-set IP Address associated with your location.
Important Note: Before proceeding with this guide, please ensure your location (router) has what is known as a 'Static' IP Address
You will be required to contact your Internet Service Provider and verify/request a static IP address.
You may proceed once you have a guaranteed static IP address.
If you proceed without a static IP address you risk the chance of locking yourself out of ClickPOS.
|Navigation :||Maintain > System Administration > Network Address Restriction|
|Target Audience :||Administrators, Network Administrators|
- Login into ClickPOS with an account that can access Maintain > System Admin
- Proceed to Maintain > System Admin > Network Address Restriction
- Click 'New'
- Enter a label for this IP range
Note: You can provide any name that suits
- Single IP Address: Enter the same IP Address in both Start Range field and End Range Field
- Click Insert
- IP Address Range: Enter the first IP Address in the range in Start Range and the last IP Address in the End Range field
- Click Insert
Now that you have applied the IP that are allowed to access ClickPOS, you can now initiate the restriction for the relevant user groups.
- Navigate to MAINTAIN > USER GROUPS > Select required group and click EDIT
Note: ClickPOS heavily advise that you do not apply the restriction to your administrator group. This is a preventative measure in the event your IP does change for some reason.
- Tick 0.00.200 Restricted to system network addresses
- Click OK to save
- Repeat with other user groups.